The District Environmental Health Office is responsible for providing strategic and administrative leadership for the management of policies and programmes relating to Environmental Sanitation. As part of the Department’s responsibility, it provides advice for the formulation and review of policies and programmes on Environmental Sanitation, Develop technical standards and specification for Environmental Sanitation service delivery.
The Department manages the day-to-day administration and controls all activities for the smooth functioning of the unit. In order to ensure effective and efficient management of sanitation within the District, the Department coordinates the application of engineering techniques and concepts in the solution of Waste Management problems.
It also liaises with agencies in addressing complex Environmental Sanitation problems requiring inter-sectoral collaboration as well as lead the quality assurance process for Environmental Sanitation.
NUTRITION ORIENTED INTERVENTIONS
- Vitamin A supplementation
- Iron-folic acid supplementation
- Promote use of iodized salt
- Promotion of hygiene education
- Poverty reduction
- Improving food security in deprived communities
- Increase school enrolment, attendance and retention
- Reduce short term hunger and malnutrition among school children
- Boost domestic food production