The Environmental Health and Sanitation Unit in collaboration with Social Welfare and Community Development and Department of Agriculture has organized an orientation program for Food Vendors and School feeding Program contractors in Larve Area Council in the South Tongu District to scale up eating and preparation of fortified foods and promote good health and vitality.
Base on that, soya beans which contains huge amount of plant proteins was used to fortify gari to serve as energy giving food with protein.
The objectives of the program were as follows:
- Reduce Malnutrition & Malnourishment
- Promote Growth and Development
- Add value to the products.
- Improve Health Status.
- Obtain fresh and Organic Food
- To supplement family budget
- To serve as a source of income
The program was organized on 9th November, 2021 with 11 caterers and 74 food vendors participating